Business Management Analyst 2 -- Cost Control
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Business Management Analyst 2 - Cost Control to become part of the Program Planning and Financial Control (PP&FC) organization. The Analyst is responsible for the implementation of standard processes, tools, and program planning and control practices supporting the IBCS program. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support preparation of Earned Value Management (EVM) budgets, schedules, and ETC/EAC; support variance analysis reports; incorporate baseline and ETC changes into EVM system (MPM)
- Share responsibility for controlling all changes to the PMB and ensure that cost and schedule integration is maintained
- Utilize Microframe Project Manager (MPM), SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), wInsight, MS Excel/Project/PowerPoint
- Assist in the preparation and submittal of monthly IPMR CDRLs (Formats 1-7)
- Support the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) including CAM interviews
- Interface with program leadership and external customer, and support all DCAA/DCMA audits
- Perform independent EAC and Variance Analysis
- Assist in financial reporting including the development and tracking of long range plans (AOP), monthly outlooks, and variance explanations for all financial metrics including sales, margin, acquisitions, awards, and cash collection
- Assist in developing quarterly financial Estimate at Complete workbooks to determine IBCS program fee position
- Analyze unbilled costs and work to correct any accounting errors that cause unbilled costs to accumulate
This is a fast paced high energy environment that requires a self-motivated employee. The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and abilities:
- Detail oriented
- Ability to understand and communicate unique problems and recommend potential business/process solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exert influence on peers, internal customers, and others to support organizational goals while prioritizing activities to effectively complete them; leadership/team skills in completing interactive assignments
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years of related experience - OR - a Masters degree with 1 year of related experience. An additional 4 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Basic understanding and experience in use of EVMS
- Prior experience in a Project Control environment
- Strong PC Skills required, including high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field. Knowledge of the following business systems (or similar): SAP, Microframe Project Management (MPM), wInsight
- Prior financial reporting experience
- Experience / Proficiency with MS Access
- Prior Experience with government CDRL reporting
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top