Business Management Analyst 2 - Cost Control
Start your future with a new mission! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Business Management Analyst 2 to support the Land & Avionics C4ISR organization. This position is located in Buffalo, NY.
The roles and responsibilities of the Business Management Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up the cost control system, and monitor and control costs on contracts
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets for contract work and perform or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled
- Responsible for ensuring adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Conduct Earned Value Analysis and monitor trends
The ideal candidate will be a proven team player with strong communication skills.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT OFFERED WITH THIS REQUISITION.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related area with 3 years experience - OR - a Master's degree with 1 year of experience. (An additional 4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Strong PC skills required with high level Excel skills, specifically the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level security clearance. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Industry experience
- Prior program cost control experience
- Experience with EVMS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top