Business Management Analyst 2
Start your future with a new mission! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Business Management Analyst - 2 - Cost Control. The position will be located in Charlottesville, VA which is consistently rated among the top best mid-sized US cities in which to live.
The Business Management Analyst - 2 - Cost Control will interface with program managers, functional management, cost account managers (CAMs) and business management personnel to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for contract work and perform and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Set up cost control system, monitor and control costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provide both external and internal reporting for Sector programs.
- Interface with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers.
- Create and provide the following to program management teams:
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Program baselines
- Proposal preparation
- Negotiation support
- Risk and opportunity assessment
- Visibility reports
- Performance measurement (Earned Value Management-EVM),
- Variance analyses.
- Estimates To Complete (ETC) and Comprehensive Estimates At Completion (CEAC).
The ideal candidate will be a proven team player with strong communication skills.
Relocation assistance may be available for this requisition.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or related business discipline with 3 years experience - OR - a Master's degree with 1 year experience. (Four years of additional, related professional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Strong PC Skills required, including high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Ability to obtain/maintain US Secret level security clearance is required. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Financial analysis experience within the Defense Industry
- Prior program cost control experience
- Earned Value Management Customer Reporting
- Experience with Microframe Project Manager and SAP
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top