Business Development Manager 3 - SSBI required (Redondo Beach, CA or Colorado Springs, CO or Washington, DC)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a Business Development Manager 3. The Space Systems Division Communications Systems Business Development Manager, reports to the Director, Space Systems Division Business Development, and leads business development activity relative to NGAS' Communications Systems portfolio. The Communications Systems Manager leads a campaign team of Capture professionals, Business Development professionals and industry partners, supporting the following activities to realize long range strategy plan commitments. Position preferred location is Redondo Beach CA.
New Business Leadership
- New business strategy development and execution
- Opportunity identification and shaping
- Threat identification and mitigation
- Mission area business analysis
- New business capture support
- Business Acquisition Process (BAP), Position-to-Win (PTW) execution
- Ongoing business protection and expansion
- Partners with the Space Systems Division, other NG sectors and industry partners to create new business opportunities
- Cultivates Space Systems requirements, acquisition and has deep insight into space communications systems acquisition and user base including DoD, IC, R&T, commercial and other Space customers
- Develops and maintains close personal relationships with senior and mid-level government decision makers with emphasis on national space acquirers and users
- Collaborates with NGC Government Relations on customer engagement strategies and execution
- Develops and executes business development plans to influence all aspects of new business capture and protect
- Provides the division with customer information, planning, analysis, and strategy on each new business pursuit as an integrated presentation for sector management bid/no bid decisions and for the long-range strategic plan
- Provides analysis of future customer requirements
- Supports robust competitive assessments, identifies win discriminators, supports price-to-win, win themes, and determines resources required to execute new business development activities
- Provides customer budget analysis across congressional budget cycles
- Provides insight into congressional activity related to our programs of interest
- Provides decisional analysis of customer acquisitions, decision milestones, and practices
- Supports industry teaming and collaboration across the business areas and industry teammates to accomplish strategic objectives for the mission area
Ensures new business activity is carried out in accordance with Government, customer, and Northrop Grumman policies, procedures, and processes
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo SQMVideo
- Ba chelor's Degree
- 7 years national space experience performing engineering, program management or business development
- 3 years leadership/management experience
- Possess a strong understanding of DoD and national agency space missions, systems acquisition, users, organizations, processes, and business practices
- Possess excellent customer relationship building and sustainment skills
- Must have an active and current SSBI
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an SCI clearance
- Direct prior experience as a national space user is highly desirable
- Experience with requirements/architecture development, mission planning, program management, procurement/acquisitions is also desired
- Current, user and acquisition customer relationships
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top