Business Applications Programmer 4
The qualified applicant will function in the role of Lead Business Analyst accountable for Manufacturing, HR and Engineering information systems at the NGC Mission Systems Woodland Hills CA and Salt Lake City UT campuses.
Preferred primary location would be Salt Lake City, UT.
The majority of the applications which will fall under the individual's area of responsibility are in-house developed and utilize a variety of Oracle and Microsoft technologies and tools.
The candidate will have lead responsibility for five (5) software development Analysts located across the two sites, but will also play an active hands-on role in the devlopment and maintenance of software applications. Projects can range in size and scope from small adminstration and configuration tasks to larger software development efforts which could span several months or years. The majority of applications run on the Northrop Grumman unclassified network and are mainly used on the factory floor. The preferred candidate will possess demonstrated experience in information systems supporting all phases of software lifecycle management, up to and including software design, development and testing. In addition, the individual will serve as liaison between the MS sector business partners and the application developers, where he/she will provide overisignt of day-to-day "break/fix" tasks along with more substantial efforts which are reported at the senior leadership level.
The candidate will report directly to a Business Application Services functional manager within the Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics horizontal while also having "dotted line" accountability to the IT Solutions Project Management Office (PMO).
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee resolution of all software related problems for the business unit.
- Gather requirements for manufacturing and engineering software support needs from business partners.
- Collaborate with Salt Lake City lead developer and other IT Solutions stakeholders in architecting software solutions which meet complex business area requirements.
- Provide functional manager and PMO with ongoing status of projects in the form of project briefings (both formal and informal), occurring on a weekly basis and/or as needed.
- Work with IT Solutions Business Management staff and program management in developing labor forecasts and in tracking performance to cost and schedule.
- Interface with IT and business area procurement stakeholders in obtaining quotes and initiating purchase orders for new hardware and software maintenance renewals.
- Support strategic planning of software tool usage through process development, automation and technology
- Assign programming and analysis tasks to team members and track to completion.
- Coordinate routine maintenance of applications (apply and test patches, update service account passwords, address server and application vulnerabilities, support power outages, facilities moves and other off-shift maintenance activities, etc.)
- Coordinate support of Business Applications Services "pace of adoption" initiatives (e.g., Windows 10) and OS/platform upgrades.
- For the candidate's area of responsibility, lead the deployment and institutionalization of the Agile (ALM) initiative, to include transition to Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for code control, as well as incident and release management, where feasible.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field and 7 years of relevant IT experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-facing role leading a team of IT professionals responsible for producing software deliverables.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office tool suite, to include MS PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience managing small to medium sized projects employing tools and concepts including but not limited to MS Project, EVMS and Hyperion.
- Foundational knowledge of and experience in software applications development of web-enabled or desktop information systems using industry-standard tools and frameworks such as Microsoft .net, Java or Oracle (preferred).
- Familiarity with relational concepts to include general understanding of database and table structure along with structured query design; experience with applications running the Oracle or SQL Server DBMS at the back end.
- Experience with or prior exposure to the Red Hat Linux OS (or some variant of the Unix OS such as Solaris, AIX or HP-UX) and MS Windows (both desktop and server).
Some prior exposure to / experience with any of the below items will enhance the candidate's ability to perform effectively in his/her job function:
- Recent experience supporting manufacturing/shop floor, engineering and/or supply chain business processes as an Information Technology professional working within an Aerospace and Defense environment.
- In the area of software developer experience, emphasis on Oracle developer tools (PL/SQL, stored procedures, Oracle forms and reports, ADF, table packages, etc.).
- Basic familiarity with Agile software development concepts and tools (e.g., MS Team Foundation Server)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top