Business Applications Programmer 1
The qualified applicant will perform software development and integration tasks as a member of Northrop Grumman Business Applications Services within IT Solutions. In this role he/she will provide systems support of manufacturing and supply chain software applications for the Mission Systems Division production lines. Software applications are in-house developed and leverage a number of Oracle tools (e.g., Oracle Application Developer Framework and Oracle Forms) with some Java programming. Primary focus is on data acquisition and mining to facilitate and enhance the manufacturing and shop floor user experience.
The selected candidate will be part of a team of software developers reporting directly to the Business Application Services functional manager within the Enterprise Services and Corporate Strategy Office (ES&CSO), while also having "dotted line" accountability to the IT Program Director for the NGC Salt Lake City, Utah facility.
Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the App Services lead developer in resolving all software related problems in the manufacturing area which have a direct impact on the Production line at the NGC Salt Lake City, UT facility.
- Gather requirements for manufacturing software support needs from business partners
- Support strategic planning of software tool usage through process development, automation and technology
- Participate in routine maintenance of applications (apply and test patches, update service account passwords, address server and application vulnerabilities, support power outages and other off-shift maintenance activities, etc.)
- Promote "Operational Excellence" through direct involvement with various enterprise initiatives and technology uplifts (data center migrations, infrastructure uplifts, OS and DBMS upgrades, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, etc.)
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field with emphasis in information systems programming, algorithms and database precepts.
- Working knowledge of software development fundamentals
- Experience with Windows OS and MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently or in teams
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing and shop floor processes and business requirements
- Prior experience with or exposure to an Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment
- Customer service background
- Basic knowledge of relational (e.g., Oracle) database and structured query design
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top