Business Analyst- Health IT
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Technical Sector, we are seeking a Business Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The Business Analyst is required to gather, analyze, research, review and develop requirements and technical documentation for multiple applications. The qualified candidate will facilitate meetings with stakeholder's to analyze system requirements and use cases. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients.
Description of Work:
- Interact with stakeholders and conduct Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to solicit user and business requirements
- Develop Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documents including As-Is and To-Be business processes, screen mock-ups, and use cases
- Support and participate in the testing of application processes using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Develop database design, queries, and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server by using SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio 2008 R2
- Develop functional and design requirements documents
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders
- Document meeting minutes
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Master's Degree and 1 year of experience, Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of experience, or 5 years of relevant work experience as a Business /Requirements Analyst in requirements gathering and documentation, process flow and process modeling
- 1 year experience using Joint Application Development (JAD) methodologies
- 1 year experience in developing use cases, functional specifications, and detailed design documents
- 1 year experience in documenting meeting minutes
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (such as Agile or Waterfall models)
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Experience in using Rational RequisitePro and HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Prior SSA experience is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top