BMDS Systems Analyst 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Systems Analyst to join our team in Huntsville, AL. This position reports to the Analysis/Modeling & Simulation manager. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) Analysis Team. The candidate will work independently to complete end-to-end system performance analyses, performance trade studies for upgrades and new systems, and work with multiple analysis teams to evaluate and document performance in support of fielding capability improvements to the system. Candidate will coordinate closely with the government and other industry representatives to develop analysis plans, identify benefits and unintended consequences for each system upgrade.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience in systems engineering, systems analysis and requirements analysis.
- Experience evaluating data from multiple sources in order to demonstrate system performance, including explanation of the strengths and weaknesses of each data source.
- Experience with analysis of complex aerospace systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Education: Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or related field.
- Experience: 9 years with Bachelor of Science; 7 years with Master of Science; 4 years with PhD.
- DOD Secret security clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Strong technical background in various BMDS sensors, interceptors, targets and/or discrimination
- Ground-based Missile Defense experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and programming skills.
- Familiarity with BMDS test analysis including Flight Test and/or Ground Test.
- Advanced degree.
- DOD Top Secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top