Benefits Analyst 3
This position will interface with all aspects of the Benefits Department and will work as an integral part of the Global Benefits team. The position will have day-to-day contact with employees as well as with benefits service teams for Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, Health & Insurance, Benefits Communications, Benefits and HR Call Center operations, Benefits Data, Compliance, Analytics and Wellness operations. The position will provide cross-service analysis and support for all benefits services in the following ways:
- Act as a tester for Annual Enrollment and other implementation activities.
- Educate and provide guidance to US employees regarding benefits offerings by providing benefit subject matter expertise.
- Understand current performance of benefit processes and prioritize opportunities for improvement when identified; assist in training and supporting personnel in the use of these processes.
- Partner with benefits service managers and outsource partners to “triage” issues as they are identified and get the issue into the correct hands for rapid resolution.
- Analyze trends within program areas and consolidate.
- data/information to present for review with primary stakeholders and help drive decisions based on data.
- Proactively identify and communicate business issues
- Conduct benefit briefings.
- Support special projects as needed including supporting wellness fairs.
- Support the benefits service managers by acting as a “right hand” in managing issues/projects that arise from day-to-day operations.
- Form a strong working relationship with the customer service, communications, benefits service area managers, wellness center of excellence, vendors and third party administrators.
- Provide support to all benefits teams for audit requests.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience; 4 years of relevant experience with a master’s degree.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Interest in benefit plans and member education.
- Ability to explain complex benefits concepts and ideas using simple and employee-friendly language.
- Consistent timely delivery of accurate work products.
- Responds with a sense of urgency.
- Highly organized with ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment.
- Keeps matters confidential.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to apply them in a solutions-based way.
- Ability to prioritize issues.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with compassion for the member experience.
- Great listener.
- Team player who deals courteously/effectively with others
- Works well independently and takes initiative.
- Ability to be flexible and accommodate unforeseen priorities.
- Stellar follow-up skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top