Benchmark Integration Engineer
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United
States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The successful candidate will serve as the infrastructure manager and integrator for a modeling and simulation environment for algorithm development and automated testing. As part of an Agile Scrum team, the applicant will develop and complete features and stories mapped to program objectives. Duties and responsibilities will include sim/stim installation, resolution of sim/stim related issues, and maintenance, operations and troubleshooting of an automated test pipeline. Responsibilities include the administration, integration, and maintenance of high performance servers running Linux operating system. Independently accomplishes advanced system performance analyses, problem resolution, and system security initiatives. Develops system management strategies, architectural assessments, and system tools and other software for the administration of systems used by research scientists for large scale modeling and simulation analyses.
Advanced systems support for unclassified and classified high performance computing clusters, including:
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware configurations for automated test and continuous integration suite
- Research and recommend software packages to advance automation pipeline roadmap
- Maintain current knowledge of DoD security and technical guidelines
- Ensure All system configurations are compliant with DISA Best Practices
- Install and implement new releases and patches to operating system software
- Maintain system accounting files, logs, and system error logs
- Design and implement scripts to automate provisioning
- Develop and maintain system design and configuration documentation
- Use automated deployment tools to rapidly deploy and manage systems such as Cobber, Kickstart, Ansible, etc.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; or MS and 7 years; or PhD and 4 years. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Security+ is required
- The candidate must have direct hands-on experience with modeling Sim/Stim tools and system administration of UNIX based operating systems. This includes ability to configure the simulation tools, adjust parameters, and ability to create and modify run areas for the tool.
- Expertise in system administration of UNIX, Linux, and similar open source operating systems including building out system, loading operating systems, applying patches, and developing system admin tools is required.
- The position requires a strong knowledge of modeling and simulation tools and system administration of UNIX based operating systems.
- The candidate should be able to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts, issues, and status.
- Experience with DSS security requirements is highly desired.
- Experience with Matlab is also highly desired.
Back to top