Behavioral Research Scientist/Instructional Designer 3 / (Part Time/On-Call)
Behavioral Research Scientist/Instructional Designer – Part-time, On-call
Are you passionate about creating interactive learning experiences for the web, immersive environments, and mobile devices? We are looking for an instructional systems designer to be part of the Northrop Grumman's Learning and Communications Solutions (LCS) team. LCS is made up of a diverse talent pool of instructional designers, educational psychologists, software engineers, multimedia developers, user experience (UX) designers, artists, writers, and creative professionals that creates conceptual design solutions for training and information projects in digital media including immersive environments.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Developing instructional materials and products for technology-based courses, including online, mobile, immersive, and performance support based on a needs analysis
- Developing a range of instructional materials, such as self-paced guides, case studies, job aids, videos, and evaluations; scenario-based concepts for games (interactive assessment exercises); and concepts for virtual and augmented reality
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify specific training needs and develop solutions
- Creating and analyzing assessments, including pre-tests, post-tests, and quizzes, to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, interpreting learner needs, and providing engaging design recommendations
- This position is a Part Time/On-Call Position. The employee would work as a Casual Employee
- Master's degree in Curriculum or Instructional Design or Educational Psychology with 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Instructional design experience, which must include the full life cycle of the instructional systems design (ISD) process and knowledge of the principles of adult learning:
- Knowledge and experience in the creative application of the ADDIE model
- Skilled in learning theory, design thinking, and learning prototypes/training solutions
- Ability to integrate the best of ISD, current learning theory with applied research to solve complex learning and performance problems with a focus on UX
- Strong understanding of factors related to cognition, memory, and learning
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and willingness to rapidly develop a diverse skillset
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct presentations, chair meetings, facilitate workshops, and write business and analytics reports
- Excellent client-influencing skills
- Solid technical skills and ability to work through problems
- Proven ability to work independently and/or in a dynamic team setting with SMEs and stakeholders
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top