Behavioral Research Scientist 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a cognitive psychologist, statistician, or computer scientist to aid in analytics development and research. The desired individual will have experience both in psychological theory and application, as well as a background in statistical data analysis methodologies and methods or advanced mathematical analysis to support logical reasoning and problem solving. This position will be located full-time at our LCS office in Albuquerque, NM.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute needed skills to ongoing projections related to the analysis of data
- Statistical or mathematical methods and analysis
- Collect, review, and summarize both technical and scholarly research material
- Contribute to the development and writing of technical documentation of how methods were developed
- Cross training in other areas to support additional roles as needs arise.
- Master's degree in psychology, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical course work experience and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of psychological factors related to cognition, memory, and learning
- Knowledge and experience in developing mathematical analysis or reporting statistical deliverables (datasets, statistical analyses, report tables, and graphics)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability and willingness to rapidly develop a diverse skillset
- PhD in psychology, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work.
- Prior research experience in psychology, especially research related to developing or validating assessments or the use of biometric sensors
- Experience using a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Scala
- Some programming experience in core languages (C# or Java)
- Experience with accessing standard database formats (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top