Behavioral Res Scientist 3
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman has ongoing work with the Department of Defense to provide research and innovation to the Military Services. This research pertains to multiple areas, but may include Service member wellness, suitability for Military Service, evaluation of interventions, and implementation and evaluation of automated solutions to staffing, manning, and other human resource data systems.
The individual hired for this research position will be required to do the following:
- Conduct research using behavioral science principles, methodologies, and technologies in an applied governmental setting.
- Develop research designs, perform literature reviews, collect field data through interviews and focus groups, analyze existing databases, and conduct statistical or descriptive analyses.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED for this position
- Master's Degree in a Behavioral Science field such as Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, or Criminal Justice; PhD
- 4 years of experience in an applied research setting (advanced graduate work may substitute for experience)
- Demonstrated strong quantitative analysis or advanced statistical analysis skills
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills
- Experience working in applied research settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience providing project briefings to stakeholders
- Working knowledge of and experience conducting analysis using SPSS
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of time management
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in scientific work
- Ability to work in a team setting with scientists, technical writers, information technology specialists, and other stakeholders
- Ability to develop personal work plans and work independently
- Ability to think independently to identify problems and propose solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- PhD in Behavioral Science field
- Experience working with human resources, intelligence analysis, or research programs
- Experience with technical reports, research reports, or other written research results as primary author
- Current U.S. Government Security Clearance (issued within past 5 years)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top