Behavioral Res Scientist 2
Northrop Grumman Corporation is looking for a Data Insights Analyst to work with a team of researchers using large administrative data assets for studies of health and readiness among U.S. military service members. The research team conducts a variety of research studies and program evaluation efforts for the U.S. military, and works primarily within a data environment that houses a wealth of administrative, personnel, survey, and medical data (i.e., "big data") on extremely large populations. Projects generally focus on resilience, health, and readiness among military service members, and include population-based studies, machine learning projects, measurement analysis, and pilot program evaluations.
The Data Insights Analyst will support several projects by managing and analyzing data from multiple datasets and sources. Candidates should have a Master's Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or other relevant field. Ideal candidates will have advanced analytical skills, with demonstrated experience with analyses such as predictive analytics, survival analysis, longitudinal modeling, network analysis, and optimization. In addition, candidates should be comfortable with assembling and managing data using SQL in an Oracle database environment. Candidates must be able to work autonomously and enjoy collaboration with a team.
Please submit a resume or CV with your application.
- Master's Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or other relevant field.
- Experience with basic statistical analyses (e.g., t-tests, ANOVA, factor analysis, linear regression) is required.
- In addition, successful candidates will be proficient with statistical programs, such as R, SAS, or SPSS.
- US Citizenship is required
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in data management (e.g., Oracle, Excel, SQL), as well as programming and/or scripting experience (e.g., Python, C#, Java, Perl).
- Experience with data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Microstrategy, Spotfire) is preferred.
- Position of Public Trust active clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top