Backup Administrator (DR/COOP)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our Team as a Backup Administrator (DR/COOP). This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Backup Administrator (DR/COOP) will support SAN and NAS environments along with performing Unix and Linux operating system administration. She/he supports storage network communication system while providing detailed schematic for network storage architecture. She/he coordinates the data storage administration technical function for both storage and migration.
The successful candidate will facilitate the storage change controls. She/he provides detailed information for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs of current and future storage capacity requirements as well as implements and supports data storage requirements. She/he maintains technical expertise in storage areas of network (interconnection and interfacing), hardware and software. She/he provides product support and maintenance of the data storage infrastructure. She/he improves scalability, surge, and automation capabilities to support the potential expansion of storage capabilities. She/he maintains all configurations IAW DOD policies and procedures.
- Provide encrypted system backups and off-site storage in accordance with DSS policies and procedures.
- Provide system and data restoration in accordance with EITS SLAs.
- Provide archiving of email, file data, and user information.
- Monitor and manage HDD, tape library, and library physical drives.
- Design, engineer, implement, and maintain storage and backup solutions.
- Test and deploy all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs).
- Monitor enterprise operations, system configurations, utilization to maintain optimum health and performance across all DSS storage infrastructure and backup servers.
- Monitor and manage physical drives (i.e. failures and replacements).
- Identify and resolve storage and/or backup problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Develop, update, and maintain existing and new storage architectures for all DSS enclaves.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support backup server operations and administration.
- Maintain the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for all DSS backup servers.
- Maintain the Configuration Management (CM) and change control documentation for all DSS backup servers.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on security vulnerability trends and analysis.
- Monitor utilization requirements and conduct planning to ensure appropriate resource capacity management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer as required.
- 3 Years' experience with a Bachelors preferably in a technical specialty: cyber security, computer science, or similar field; 1 Years with Masters;
- Four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu to degree.
- Understanding of backup system application principles, theories, and concepts.
- Backup Experience with the following:
- Nimble Storage products
- Symantec NetBackup Software
- Symantec NetBackup 5000 series Appliances
- Tape Library
- Experience with backup system capacity analysis, planning, and implementation methods.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in implementing scripting and automation/orchestration tools.
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS) certification equivalent or higher.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Experience with any of the following:
- NetApp FAS6000 Series products
- Brocade fibre channel switches
- Strong understanding of NAS protocols, such as NFS, CIFS, etc.
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator certification equivalent or higher.
- Brocade Professional SAN Administrator (BPSA) certification equivalent or higher.
- Experience in implementing scripting automation/orchestration tools.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining systems accreditations.
- Proven experience supporting a DoD program that consists of multiple Data Centers housing a multi-zone multi-network environment.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills for providing documentation to customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top