AWS and Open Stack Cloud Transition Support
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking an AWS and Open Stack Cloud Transition Support to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Description of Work:
- Provide SSA IT Modernization Domain-specific liaison support for the IT Modernization Infrastructure Domain; Agency Cloud Initiative (ACI) and Back Office Modernization (BOM) Initiative to help with Initiative focus, structure and scalability.
- Provide systems engineering, research, simulation, testing and innovation technical expertise related to migrating IT infrastructure to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RedHat Open Stack Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) clouds.
- Review and consult on best-in-class government and industry modernization technology and competencies.
- Review and consult on risk management and mitigation techniques such as evaluation, modeling, simulation and prototyping.
- Develop an ACI and BOM work breakdown structure and master schedule.
- Recommendations for content upgrades to IT Modernization Infrastructure Domain; ACI and BOM strategies and roadmaps
- Create the following IT Modernization Infrastructure Domain; ACI and BOM Work Products (delivered with the completion of the associated activities):
- Project management plan and schedule on-going
- Initiative process documentation
- Weekly and monthly status reports
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field and 4 years work experience or Master's degree in a technical field with 2 years work experience or a minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- 2 years work experience with designing and implementing Amazon Web Services (AWS) and RedHat Open Stack and OpenShift cloud technologies and infrastructures
- experience with virtual storage systems, network configuration, and software defined networking
- experience with Cloud Management Platforms
- experience in managing projects related to the successful migration of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure platforms
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) is required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Proficient verbal and communication skills
- Experience configuring RedHat Open Stack and Open Shift and AWS IaaS, PaaS, and Hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with networking, specifically load balancing, virtual storage access, and Wide-Area Network (WAN) connectivity for cloud infrastructures
Back to top