Avionics Technician 4
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Avionics Technician 4 for a rotational OCONUS position out of Palmdale, Ca. The successful candidate installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs avionics systems wiring in aircraft in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Fabricates, installs and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Ability to operate specialty vehicles. Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Able to relay and receive information.Ability to be subject to a variety of physical conditions.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into aircraft low observable maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Low Observable tasks include repair of composite or metallic structures, and sanding, stripping, testing, masking and other preparation tasks . Temporary assigned work location can be at Edwards AFB, CA.
- High School and 6 years additional education or AA Degree. Experience may be used in lieu of education.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must havethe ability to obtainand maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Applicants should have a complete understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top