Avionics Technician 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an Avionics Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Point Mugu, California. The candidate will be a member of the Field Support Services Point Mugu Beyond Capable Maintenance Interdiction Team working with the customer to generate cost savings through repair of complex equipment using a variety of test methods providing quick turnaround times for critical items. Producing reports and assisting in the preparation of technical publication deficiency reports, generating and presenting targeted training to customer personnel, and Engineering Investigation requests. You will be tasked with actively participating in continuous improvement initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and working with the customer to understand and act upon areas of concern and set work priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comply with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series requirements
- Follow approved Intermediate and Depot Level procedures
- Adhere to NG standards, practices, and workmanship manuals
- Comply with applicable Fleet Readiness Center directives
- Interface with the customer to determine critical problem areas to be addressed on a daily basis.
This position requires customer approval for the selected candidate.
- High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience
- 4 years Repair of aircraft Weapon Replaceable Assemblies (WRAs) and Shop Replaceable Assemblies (SRAs) at the Intermediate or Depot Level
- 4 years Operation and Maintenance with Consolidated Automatic Support System (CASS)
- 4 Years using Optimized NALCOMIS
- Experience as a Collateral Duty Inspector or Quality Assurance Representative
- Position requires a current Secret Clearance
- AA or other technical degree
- Advanced Electronic Training such as U.S. Navy AVI-C7 School or equivalent
- Demonstrate the ability to test, analyze, and troubleshoot software and hardware, develop testing criteria, and evaluate complex electrical, electronic and mechanical systems, subsystems, modules, components, test stations, test fixtures and test software.
- Proven background in Automated Test Equipment (ATE), along with a strong background in digital, analog, and RF theory and applications.
- Ability to use a computer and its associated software, which may include, but not be limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with validation/verification of technical publications
- Manufacture and repair of test cable assemblies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top