Avionics Technician 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Avionics Technician 2 for a rotational OCONUS program based out of Edwards, CA. The successful candidate installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs avionics systems wiring in aircraft in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Fabricates, installs and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Ability to operate specialty vehicles. Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into aircraft low observable maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Low Observable tasks include repair of composite or metallic structures, and sanding, stripping, testing, masking and other preparation tasks. Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, CA.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Applicants should have a complete understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Secret clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- DoD Top Secret
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Back to top