Avionics Technician 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Avionics Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The successful candidate installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs avionics systems wiring in aircraft in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Fabricates, installs and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Ability to operate specialty vehicles. Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Able to relay and receive information.Ability to be subject to a variety of physical conditions.
The selected candidate may receive additional training and be cross utilized into aircraft low observable maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Low Observable tasks include repair of composite or metallic structures, and sanding, stripping, testing, masking and other preparation tasks.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years additional education and/or experience.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Applicants should have a complete understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain/maintain DoD Top Secret clearance.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Active Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Operational experience is preferred over manufacturing or production, but all candidates will be considered.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top