Avionics Technician 2
Northrop Grumman Technical Services is seeking Aircraft Technicians for our NAS Sigonella Forward Operating Location. The candidate will install and troubleshoot avionics systems wiring in aircraft in accordance with technical specifications and engineering instructions. Also, performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various vehicle systems. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Fabricates, installs and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints. Maintains applicable USAF required records, manuals and inspection forms. Recommends corrective actions and resolves problems using technical publications and analytic techniques. Records information on maintenance data collection forms and automated systems. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution in minimum time. Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in an appropriate technical discipline OR; An Associate's Degree in an appropriate technical discipline and four (4) years of specialized experience OR; eight (8) years of relevant experience w/o any formal education.
- A basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Air Force aircraft maintenance experience desired.
- Must be eligible for US DOD SECRET security clearance.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) desired.
- Working knowledge of IMDS/CAMS maintenance data collection
- Working knowledge of AFI 21-101
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top