At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking Avionics and Mission Systems Engineers to join our team. The selected candidates will help our company design, develop, and integrate aircraft radar, sensors, mission management, cockpit data and displays, stores management, electronic counter measures and electronic warfare for a variety of new programs that are currently in development. Successful candidates will have an understanding and experience of various engineering products across the development cycle (requirements, design, hardware/software development, verification/validation, supplier management, and systems integration).
Candidates selected for these positions will work as part of teams in multidisciplinary roles that may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform trade studies
- Resolve organic or supplier engineering problems and issues as required
- Maintain technical cognizant of a subsystem
- Point of contact/liaison with internal and external customers and higher organizations
- Technical coordination and execution of tasks that may support various engineering areas of responsibility such as configuration management, change management, performance assessment, engineering analysis and system integration
Technical support and briefing at system reviews, design reviews and technical exchange
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- 1-6 Years of aircraft avionics engineering experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Direct experience working on one or more of the following: aircraft radar, sensors, mission management, cockpit data and displays, stores management, electronic counter measures or electronic warfare systems
- A current DoD Secret, Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top