Autoclave Technician 2
Sr. Manufacturing Technician - Autoclave Operator - 3rd Shift ( 8:00 pm - 5:30 am)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently hiring a Manufacturing Technician 2 - Autoclave Operator for our 3rd shift (8:00 pm - 5:30 am).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Loading/unloading tools and parts in autoclave
- Maintaining autoclave and oven tools (i.e.: hoses and thermocouples)
- Reading/understanding cure charts
- Troubleshooting issues (i.e.: leaking bag and vessel not heating)
- Inspecting bags prior to cure for potential problems
- Adjusting cures
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- May report status/progress and interface with other employees and departments
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, and tape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance and cleanliness.
- Execute to written instructions.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- 2-4 Yrs. experience in a composites/manufacturing environment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturing environment preferred) and/or specialized education included in or post HS such as an applicable certification or AA degree.
- 1+ years of experience with autoclaves/ovens
- Mechanical aptitude and strong attention to detail required.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for quality excellence.
- Able to read, write and follow written instructions in English.
- Proficient use of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have Basic computer skills.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be standing upright for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- Experience with operating forklift a plus
- US Citizen
Back to top