Auto Mechanic 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grummanin Promontory, UT is currently seeking an experienced Auto Mechanic for its Fleet Organization within the Supply Chain Management Department
Role description & Responsibilities:
Maintain and repair Light, Medium, and Heavy Vehicles for Fleet Operation at our Promontory location. Must be capable of reading blueprints and wiring schematics. Must be able to work as a member of ateam. Basic understanding of PES /Toyota business systems. Some overtime will be required.
- Repairs, Maintain and performs preventive maintenance including tune-ups and major repairs on company vehicles and customer owned special equipment to include gas, hydraulic, diesel, electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicles with computer aided diagnostic equipment.
- Performs state vehicle inspections on all Company vehicles.
- Maintains all relevant records related to vehicle maintenance.
- Performs repairs of all types of industrial equipment.
- Repair and maintain customer owned special equipment and tooling
- PM and Repair stationary generators and compressors
- 5 years of experience in gasoline or diesel engine mechanics with demonstrated competence; may substitute any equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle and construction equipment, engines and components and general maintenance
- Great responsibility for the care, condition and of vehicles, maintenance materials, equipment, tools, etc
- Knowledge and applicable experience of lean principles ability to follow internal policies and procedures
- Personal drive for process improvements
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others as required.
- HS graduate with Vocational Certification and/or ASE certifications preferred.
- Six months of training in gasoline or diesel engine mechanics
- Vocational Certification from Technical College may be substituted for experience. ASE Certification.
- CDL with appropriate endorsements obtained within six months of hire; Utah State Safety Inspection License (Light and Heavy) obtained within six months of hire.
- Candidates with less experience or education will be considered at a lessor grade.
Back to top