Northrop Grumman’s Corporate Internal Audit organization is conducting a search for a Finance Auditor 4 to join our qualified, diverse audit team. This position reports to the Manager of Corporate Internal Audit on the Finance, Technology and Data Analytics team.
The Finance Auditor 4 will be responsible for performing audits in accordance with professional standards which includes coverage of enterprise functional and operating units, with a focus on financial processes, internal controls, policies and procedures, and other related matters (may also include auditing activities under Sarbanes-Oxley). The Finance Auditor 4 is responsible for leading the most significant, broad scope and complex financial and operational audits. Responsibilities also include the supervision of auditors on multiple assignments, comprising of the assignment of budgets and audit programs steps to team members and ensuring audit objectives are met.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting or consulting with all levels of customer management on significant issues and communicates audit results and required corrective actions to affected auditees.
- Assesses any network impact of system changes and their effect on business processes.
- Provides guidance and coordination on assessment and evaluation of occurrences and their impact to the business.
- Adjusts audit tests based on system design
- Leverages IT Audit related concepts and new trends in technology in the execution of audits
- Recommends key and/or complex recommendations based on possible control weaknesses and the organization structure.
- Contributes to
- Evaluating staff performance and candidates for open positions
- Developing annual plans and budgets
- Monitoring department progress to audit plan
- Reviewing work papers, audit reports, management response, evaluation and recommendation follow-up
- Functioning in a mentoring role for new staff and rotational team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting or related risk management discipline and 10 years of relevant experience; 8 years of relevant experience with a master’s degree.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government SECRET Clearance.
- Experienced in leading audits.
- Ability to travel up 25% of the time.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent professional designation.
- An MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience in public accounting and/or private industry with knowledge of accounting, finance, risk management, and internal control.
- Subject matter expert level, i.e., ability to apply an in-depth knowledge of functional operations or technical applications to broad scope or specialized audit or consulting assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Active Security Clearance.
- Aerospace and Defense industry experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top