Audio Visual Technician
- Melbourne, FL
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Audio Visual Technician to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Melbourne, FL area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Install and troubleshoot A/V equipment, digital signage and VTC equipment.
- Work in collaboration with suppliers to receive quotes, and oversee A/V installation projects.
- Assist in the setup and support of high priority VTC and teleconference multi-point calls and meetings.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of AV Equipment and PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management as needed
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to policies.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- May spend significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Reports project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts
- Provde backup/surge support for service desk and destkop PC techs by assisting with activities including Installation, relocation, troubleshooting, service and repair of personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Provide backup/surge support for classified service desk to assist in handling and routing of trouble ticket calls and end user remote support.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, communicating professionally both orally and in writing
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School diploma and 2 years of relevant experience, and/or education is required.
- Prior experience with installation/troubleshooting of A/V equipment in a professional environment.
- Familiarity with A/V Touchpanel and associated systems.
- Understanding of and familiarity with Cisco VTC equipment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Attention to detail and ability to follow semi-complex directions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to maintain going forward
- Active DoD 8570 IAM I certification - Example: Security+ CE or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelors Degree in IS related field
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG
- Experience with Crestron Touchpad systems
- Experience with various Cisco networking and/or telepresence solutions
- Solid understanding of network IP protocols and routing
- Familiarization with and ability to create Visio type networking and solution diagrams
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to maintain
- Active DoD 8570 IAM I certification - Example: Security+ CE
Back to top