Audio Visual Technician 3
- Palmdale, CA
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Audio Visual/Desktop Support technician to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Palmdale, CA area.
The Tech will set up and maintains equipment for audio and video conferencing, and teleconferencing meeting needs. They will troubleshoot equipment and network configurations, as well.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Install and troubleshoot A/V equipment, digital signage and VTC equipment of various nature and complexity within closed areas
- Work in collaboration with suppliers to receive quotes, and oversee A/V installation projects.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of AV Equipment and PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction while adhering to established policies.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- May spend significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting end users and moving equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed
- Reports project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts
- Provide backup/surge support for desktop PC techs by assisting with activities including Installation, relocation, troubleshooting, service and repair of personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors.
- Provide backup/surge support for classified service desk to assist in handling and routing of trouble ticket calls and end user remote support.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, communicating professionally both orally and in writing
- High School diploma with 4 years of IT experience; OR an Associates degree with 2 years of IT experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with 1 years of IT experience is required
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level II baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start
- Must have experience with installation and troubleshooting Audio/Visual equipment in a professional environment
- Knowledge of either Cisco call management systems, Crestron systems, or any other associated A/V Touchpanel systems is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) is needed
- Must have the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (at a minimum) to include an original investigation date, or periodic reinvestigation date, closed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment
- BS or MS degree in an Information Systems related discipline
- Crestron (CTS) certification, or hands on experience with BiAmp platforms
- Security+ CE or CCNA-Security certification
- Understanding of, and ability to use, MCUs (multipoint control units) for peer-to-per conferencing
- Basic knowledge of programming, I.E. C#, Python, Etc.
- 4+ years of experience and/or Bachelor's Degree in Audio/Visual Collaboration or similar technology.
- Advance knowledge and familiarity of VTC cameras, lighting, speakers, computer systems, rack systems, power supplies and systems, VTC systems, and computer word processing skills
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG
- Top Secret Clearance
Back to top