ATM/SONET/DWDM Transport Engineer - Wiesbaden, Germany
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence with an industry leader. Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) sector is seeking an Optical Transport Engineer to join our team in support of the U.S. Army Europe Regional Cyber Center (RCC-E) located in Wiesbaden, Germany.
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the ATM/SONET/DWDM Transport Network within the RCC-E area of responsibility.
Duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Survey, analyze, evaluate and provide technical advice/trouble resolution pertaining to the performance and functionality of the installed system
- Maintain configuration management.
- Assist in the implementation of software upgrades.
- Assist in matters that relate directly or indirectly to the achievement of current levels of system performance.
- Emergency replacement of failed or upgraded network components. Provide on-site support if required.
- Configuration of replaced network components.
- Consultation and guidance to Government system operators pertaining to system generation, troubleshooting, and general system operation.
- Perform network engineering in support of required network re-designs due to new equipment requirements and/or equipment de-installation and removal in support of USAREUR's Global Rebasing and Restructuring (GR2) transformation.
Must possess a Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 5 years of specialized experience, or an associate's degree plus 7 years of specialized experience, or 11 years of specialized experience.
Must have experience in DWDM (Defense Wavelength Division Multiplexing)
Must possess DoD8570 IAT III Certification (i.e. CISSP, CASP, GCIH) at the time of start.
Must be a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Juniper Network Certified Internet Specialist or must be obtained within 6 months after start date.
Must have an active Secret Level Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top