Assured Boot Team - Software Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Cyber Software Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division (CIMS) helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the CIMS Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen, you will be a teaching, team member – setting the standards for Hardware and Software Development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will help design, build, integrate, and test various components of resilient systems, that are capable of carrying out mission critical operations despite failures, either accidental or deliberate, from people, hardware, or software. These systems must be designed so they are assured to start up in a secure manner. The candidate will document all methods and procedures. The candidate will ensure that software standards are met.
Bachelor's degree and 9 years' experience in software development with the C programming language. A Master's of Science degree and 7 years' experience or a PhD and 4 years' experience may be substituted in lieu of 9 years' experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Socket programming
- Multi-threaded programming
- Windows, Linux system APIs (POSIX, win32, win native api), and/or network devices
- Knowledgeable in Windows programming
- Source code control tools and their usage
- Developing software to suit customer requirements
- Software debugging
- Custom network protocols
- Software design and architecture
- X86/X86_64 assembly
- Windows or Linux Kernel
- Experience with C or Java programming language
- Knowledge of general automation programming
- A background in software reverse engineering, analysis and modification
- Knowledge of Linux drivers, subsystems, and network topology
- Experience with penetration testing
- Experience with firmware
- Experience with Intel x86 chipsets and/or ARM processors
- Experience with combat networked systems such as satellite, UAV, or ground systems
- Knowledge of embedded systems with mission critical aspects.
- Cloud Expertise
- Software Defined Networking Expertise
- C2 or UX experience
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top