Associate System Engineer Secret Clearance
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics and approach to innovation.
We are seeking a System Engineer to perform system engineering, integration and system administration for submarine training systems for the U. S. Navy at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI.
This position is contingent on contract award.
The responsibilities for this position are to design, develop, install and integrate training systems that support both the Naval Submarine and Surface Ship fleets.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, system services, application software and system management tools for Linux and Windows based systems, both natively and within virtual machines
- Monitor and test application performance to identify issues with installation and performance and to identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes
- Troubleshoot computer systems and networking to diagnose and suggest/implement potential solutions
- Write and maintain custom scripts to streamline system builds, installations and testing of software and configurations to reduce human intervention time on repeatable tasks
- Work with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems
- Propose process improvements to reduce installation time and increase reliability while ensuring system security
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related discipline and 0 to 2 yrs experience
- Current Secret clearance
- Demonstrated skills in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments, Microsoft Windows experience a plus
- Demonstrated skills in Linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS) distributions
- Scripting skills (e.g., bash shell scripts, Python, Perl)
- Current IAT Level I Certification
- Linux and Cisco Certifications
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh)
- Networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP, DHCP)
- Hardware knowledge
- Intel server configurations
- Cisco switch/router configurations
- KVM architectures
- System deployment technologies, e.g., Red Hat Package Management (RPM) and yum
- Experience with system build automation (Linux kickstart)
- Configuration management experience with both centralized and distributed version control systems (e.g., SVN and Git)
and the best practices for using them, as well as familiarity with different software CM development workflows, branching
and merging strategies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top