Associate Software Process Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for an Associate Software Process Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL. Grow your career as part of the team that delivers high-value applications utilizing the latest development standards and practices while working in an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Support software leadership in the development and implementation of the software processes and metrics program
- Interface across software leadership and individual contributors as well as the software functional homeroom to resolve issues and implement action plans
- Requires knowledge and comprehensive understanding of software development as the selected candidate will support multiple software development areas (Process, Metrics, Cyber, Software Assurance, Airworthiness) to ensure the program meets contractual expectations and objectives
- Although not required to start, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 0 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience developing software/writing code in C/C++, Java, and/or other object-oriented programming languages
- Exposure to and understanding of software development lifecycles
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Accredited degree in computer science, software engineering, or electrical engineering
- Coursework completed in math, analysis, and C++ software development
- Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) / AS9100 / AS9115 / ISO-12207
- Experience defining and implementing processes for software projects
- Experience in software development planning
- Familiarity with defense acquisition lifecycle
- Familiarity with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures (e.g. CNI, vehicle, cockpit)
- Familiarity with Safety/Mission Critical/Airworthiness specific processes as they relate to software
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons such as Git, Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top