Associate Software Applications Developer
- Washington, DC
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (DS) sector is seeking a motivated Associate Software Applications Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Department of Treasury's Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) program. The candidate will directly interface with our customer providing PeopleSoft development support for their customized Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM version 9.2 application. This position is in Washington, DC and allows for partial telework.
The candidate will gather requirements, translate requirements into a best fit within the application, identify business process improvements, develop and maintain Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation, support application configuration, define test scenarios, and create test scripts. The candidate's responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, reviewing and commenting on proposed functionality; evaluating and providing feedback on design documents, test plans and scenarios, and other associated artifacts; and working with developers to ensure thorough understanding of functional requirements and designs.
The candidate is expected to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and work effectively with employees, subcontractors, and the Treasury staff in a diverse team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Familiar with technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Familiar with one or more software programming languages
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple and changing priorities
- Must be available to provide scheduled and ad hoc evening and weekend support
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- One or more semesters of a relevant work/internship experience
- Experience with SQL coding
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working within an Agile framework
- Any professional Information Technology (IT) industry certification
Back to top