Associate Proposal Analyst
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently seeking an AssociatePrice/Cost/Proposal Analystto support Special Projects as part of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization at the Center of Excellence site in Melbourne, FL.
Analyst will support efforts associated with proposal development, planning and scheduling during the supplier acquisition process. Will perform cost estimating/pricing related duties and analysis in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Will coordinate with functional departments to facilitate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements and research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings and in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
Specific duties include:
- Submits written supplier price/cost analysis reports (PCARs) detailing the suppliers' price/cost proposal as required by FAR Part 15 and the NGAS negotiation objective position
- Prepares Procurement Review Board (PRB) briefings showing supplier proposed vs. negotiation objective positions by major element of cost to attain formal Supply Chain Management approval for supplier negotiations
- Prepares materiel estimates and provides a consolidated bill of material to include in cost volumes as a support function to NGAS Pricing/Estimating
- Prepares and supports presentation and approval of materiel estimates at the required value level as part of the proposal team
- Supports supplier negotiations and represents the supplier price/cost analysis position to customers as required to support NGAS Contracts and NGAS Pricing/Estimating organizations
- Responds to miscellaneous and external Global Supply Chain Business Management request for information regarding assigned suppliers
- Estimating, accounting, and billing system review and compliance
- Maintain and update program bill of material, actual cost records, and supporting data
- Supports DCAA and DCMA audits as required
- Material/Subcontract EAC and Variance Analysis
- Analyze, Forecast and Track Supplier Cash/Expenditures
- Make/Buy Analysis Support
- Support Global Supply Chain with assigned suppliers from Change Board, RFP process, proposal evaluation, negotiation, affordability, and close out
- Bachelor's OR Master's Degree with a minimum of one (1) year of experience performing administrative tasks in a professional business environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word (ability to create complex formulas and pivot tables)
- Must have an active, in-scope DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Must be able to satisfy the requirement to obtain Special Program Access (SAP clearance)
- Current, active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Prefer experience with program cost analysis in an engineering development and manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform cost accounting, pricing and estimating concepts and principles
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR & DFARS)
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting/proposal auditing techniques.
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Cost Improvement Curves
- Intimate background with GSC Subcontract/ Procurement requirements, FAR proposal adequacy and execution
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top