Associate Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) is looking for you to join our team as an Associate Manufacturing Engineer based out of Iuka, MS.
What You'll get to Do:
Support manufacturing of large composite structures for launch vehicles. Work closely with manufacturing personnel to solve production issues in hand layup, automated fiber placement, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, NDI and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or related
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Hand layup, bonding, and cure experience.
- Composites hand layup, fiber placement, bonding, and cure experience
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures.
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements preferred
- Understanding of Catia V5
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
- Composites knowledge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
What will Make you Successful:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top