Associate Engineering Supplier Materials - Bacchus, Utah
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Engineer Supplier Mission Assurance to provide support to our Safety and Mission Assurance / Procurement Quality Engineering team in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Engineer Supplier Mission Assurance will demonstrate:
• Performance of Mission Assurance Quality Engineering functions associated with design, fabrication, and inspection of materials/components used in the production of Aerospace materials and hardware both in-house and at supplier facilities
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement Mission Assurance methods and strategies to assure the design, procurement, acceptance, and use of procured item
• Ability to contribution to the completion of detailed technical tasks and communicate solutions both internally and externally
• Ability to work autonomously at suppliers
• Some travel, around 20%, will be required to maintain the supplier quality.
• Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks
• Ability to apply problem solving/critical thinking skills with application of technical principles, theories and concepts in engineering
• Ability to interface effectively with suppliers, customers, work associates/teams, and management
• Capabilities to study, understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Ethics, compliance, and quality of work are essential to this position.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in Classical Engineering
(Chemical, Mechanical, or Aerospace preferred)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top