Associate Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is seeking an Associate Engineer Systems to join our qualified, diverse Engineering team. The successful candidate will have Systems Engineering and Systems thinking experience, formal engineering education in an element of RF communications (digital, analog, RF or network), and experience with COTS laboratory Test Equipment.
What You'll get to Do:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies
- Database development, management, maintenance
The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Engineering organization, in matrix with the Communications Business Unit, where our team of communications systems experts is developing next generation radios and networks for our armed forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
The Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector is located on multiple campuses in San Diego, California.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
An Associate Engineer Systems requires a Bachelor's Degree in a traditional STEM discipline from an accredited institution and1 years of related experience.
- Basic understanding of RF Communications
- Experience with one element of modern RF communications (RF, Digital, Analog or Network)
- Able to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Current, Active DoD Clearance
- Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics degree
- Experience in systems engineering, and the SE V model
- Experience in agile systems engineering
- Proficiency with IBM Rational DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Proficiency with MATLAB or SIMULINK
- Proficiency in system modeling tools (i.e. CORE, Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo)
- Knowledge of SysML, UML, and UPDM
- Experience conducting structured trade studies
- Integration & test experience
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top