Associate Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Software Engineer in Northridge, CA. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Perform HIL or PC based defense system simulation software development activities. In this role as a simulation software developer, you will support planning, design, testing and analysis of mission critical platforms, including vehicles, sensors, and/or communications. As a team member you will be supporting system design, development, performance prediction, systems integration, software testing and hardware/software integration. You will be responsible for software unit testing, hardware integration, simulation verification and validation, system performance modeling, system performance assessment.
- Simulation of aerospacesystems, vehicles, sensors, and/or communications
- Simulation analysis with potential for hands-on lab experiences and/or live-testing support
- Operates with guidancefrom by a senior lead engineer
- Follow SoftwareDevelopment Plan
- Follow Software RequirementSpecification
- Understand top-level requirement and requirements allocated to software
- Perform softwareimplementation, support design reviews as directed by software lead
- Interface withanalysts to convert algorithms into code, perform model validation, andsystem performance assessment
- Develop software andconduct code reviews
- Execute of test plans and procedures allocated to software and simulation
- Perform software unit testing, simulation testing, and hardware-software integration
- Interface with analysts to plan tests and analyze data
- Interfacewith hardware engineers to address hardware issues
- Support software integration activities in the lab and in the field
- Interfacewith I&T team to support testing and analyze test results
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other sciences
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by Management (US Citizenship required.)
- Ability to work within with full software life cycle, including requirement analysis, design, code, test, documentation
- Experience with C++ programming language
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of employees, customers and management.
- Background in Aerospace, missile, satellite, avionics sensor suite, avionic interface, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control), radar sensors, EW (electronic warfare)
- Experience with mathematics, particularly statistics or physical equations
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with software simulation and algorithm conversion
- Experience with testing in the lab and chamber
- Experience or familiarity with UML concept and tools
- Ability to follow software process CMMI level 3 to conduct software development activities
Back to top