Associate Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences, and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Missile Defense Space Warning Tool (MDST) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Associate Software Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
As an Associate Software Engineer, the candidate will work collaboratively with team members, government customers, and product users to achieve the MDST product vision, help shape the development environment and process, work on user stories from discovery through demonstration, support MDST Operations through BMDS exercises, events, and training, and experiment with new technologies and software best practices.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs, and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 0 Years with Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics related discipline
- Active SECRET Security Clearance
- An understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, code, test, integration, maintenance
- An understanding of Object Oriented software development
- Development skills with C++ and/or Java
- Knowledgeof software development of models and simulations
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in the use of the UML, and tools such as Magic Draw
- Experience with the Linux operating system and development tools (e.g. GDB, DDD, vi/emacs, GNUMake, etc)
- Experience with CM and process tools (e.g. Git, Jira, etc)
- Experience in engineering modeling and simulation systems using an optimistic parallel discrete event simulation (OP-DES) platform
- Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with software development of models and simulations
- Experience in User Interface (UI) design and implementation with Java
- Experience in software process automation including Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Experience in Linux scripting (Perl, Bash, Python, etc)
- Knowledge/experience in User Experience (UX) design and research
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following: missile defense systems, space-based sensor systems, Theater Event System, infrared sensors, tactical communication systems
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top