Associate Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Test Engineer 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Essential Functions :
• Develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards
• Participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance
• Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and an understanding of Object-Oriented Design analysis and design ( OOAD)
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and Special Program Access
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with Python
• Experience with VxWorks
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top