Associate Engineer Mechanical
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Associate Engineer Mechanical to support the Engineering and Ground System Department (E&GS) team in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
The E&GS Department provides project leadership and engineering expertise to our programs from the proposal phase, through system design for manufacturability, testability and production operations. Additionally, our project managers and engineers are critical members of system deployment and launch efforts. This diverse team provides innovative and cost effective technical solutions for successful program execution of our space and directed energy business portfolio. Our team consists of engineers with expertise in mechanical manufacturing and assembly, ground support equipment design and analysis, mechanical test and integration, and system deployment and launch operations. Our project managers lead diverse teams of engineers and support personnel to ensure cost effective and timely delivery of high reliability developmental and production systems.
If you thrive in close proximity to hardware development, excel in design, analysis and production of systems that support important science and defense missions, then the EG&S Department is the organization that will provide you with such opportunities. We are looking for an Associate Engineer Mechanical with the following responsibilities:
- Support production and test efforts of various programs at Space Park
- Support development of manufacturing plans to execute program requirements
- Support development of non-flight hardware and/or test plans to execute program requi rements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math major) discipline.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook)
- Candidate must have at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government Security Clearances:
- Department of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years.
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Department of Energy Q Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with NX10 or CATIA V5
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top