Associate Engineer Electrical
- Wallops Island, VA
NASA's Sounding Rocket Operations Contract (NSROC) is a sub-orbital space flight program located at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility (WFF), a part of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). NSROC provides suborbital launch vehicles, payload development and field operations support to NASA's Science Mission Directorate. The program enables the collection of Earth, Heliophysics and Astrophysics science.
The Associate Electrical Engineer, Telemetry, is responsible for the design, testing and field operations support related to sounding rocket telemetry systems. They research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, and systems; applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
They are responsible for the production and presentation of technical material in support of internal and external customer meetings.
Specific duties include:
- Develop special purpose circuits to monitor vehicle or payload events, to establish compatible voltage or impedance levels, or to perform in-flight functions
- Design PCM encoder matrices and measurement lists.
- Develop of mission telemetry requirements.
- Utilize ground support equipment to test telemetry system components to include PCM encoders, RF transmitters and antennas.
- May serve as the lead electrical engineer for Sounding Rocket missions.
- Apply programming and computer application skills in the development of software in C, C++, C#, and Matlab.
- Contribute to the development of new engineering products or specialty products, and specifications.
- Participate in technical interchange discussions with customers and experimenters.
- Manage the activities required to meet the objectives of assigned design and development projects.
- Training will be required in:
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Cryogenic Safety
- Oxygen Deficiency
- Software Assurance
- Quality Management System
- Ordnance Awareness
Back to top