Associate Embedded Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Associate Embedded Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Amherst Systems team in Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions.
Our Mission Systems team is a leading innovator, developer, manufacturer, integrator, and supporter of a variety of advanced electronics for national security and non-defense applications.
The selected candidate will become part of the Software Engineering department and will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with other developers, other engineering disciplines, and our customers.
In this position, you will:
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, and display systems
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel
- Travel to customer site for installation of our software applications upon completion (dependent on program phase)
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix Operating Systems
- Experience with C/C++
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
- Experience with RedHat Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Qt
- Experience with RedHawk Operating Systems
- Experience developing software in JAVA and ADA programming languages.
- Experience with regression testing, unit testing and automated testing
- Experience with hardware test equipment such as O-Scopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and power meters
- Experience working on Department of Defense (DOD) software development efforts
- Experience in the field of Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Experience with developing software for Electronic Warfare systems; specifically, experience with the NG Amherst CEESIM and SCS products are a major plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top