Associate Electronics Engineer
- Apopka, FL
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Associates Electronics Engineer to join our Mission Systems sector site in Apopka, FL. This position is to support the design, integration, test, and production of laser and electro-optical systems for handheld, ground, and airborne products.
Ideal candidates will have design, test, and documentation experience with general analog and digital electronic circuits. Familiarity with circuit modeling and design tools is required. Experience in generating drawings and bill of materials (BOMs) for production and development projects, while not required, is desired. Experience in EMI / EMC design and test in the range of frequencies from MHz to GHz, while not required, is highly desired. Circuit card layout and/or hand soldering of electronic components and wires are also desired skills.
Must be able to work within a multi-discipline team to support root cause corrective action (RCCA) determinations, generate engineering change notices (ECNs), update models and drawings, and release the appropriate documentation using TeamCenter applications. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment is critical.
• Design/documentation of analog and digital electronics for electro-optic and laser systems using PSPICE and Cadence. • Generating detail electronic schematics, CCA drawings, and BOM's. • EMI / EMC design and test.
• Hand soldering electrical components and wires.
• Generating ECNs and entering documentation into TeamCenter databases
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 0 years experience.
- Experience with general analog and digital circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Circuit Analysis experience using software tools such as PSPICE.
- Experience in Electrical Component Selection for design and Obsolescence Management.
- US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Electro-Optic circuit design and test
- EMI / EMC test experience to MIL-STD-461
- Test, measurement, and control software experience using LabVIEW
- Cadence Allegro Circuit Design and Printed Circuit Board Layout
- Mathematic and modeling analysis software using tools such as MATLAB, MathCad, and Mathematica
- Experience with TeamCenter Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications
- Hand soldering and light assembly
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top