Associate Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, advances human discovery and improves our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future while having fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
• Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on Satellites and Electronic Hardware. Coordinates work in the Operation
• Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
• Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
• Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
• Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner.
• Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
• Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
• Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
• Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
• Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
Supports trade studies for component or system level designs.
• Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
• Involvement in national or international engineering association.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
This is a dual level req and can be filled as an Associate Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineer.
• Associate Electrical Engineer: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and minimal Engineering experience required
• Electrical Engineer: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and 2 years of Engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and 0 years of Engineering experience
• U.S Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Security clearance
• Some Aerospace Test Experience required
• Board and Box level testing experience required
• Excellent writing skills
• Integration and Test Operations Experience preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top