Assoc Systems Administrator
Position Summary / Responsibilities
This position has a broad set of expectations and job duties with an emphasis on information technology related work (approximately 50%, but can range from 0-100% based on needs). This position will be performing various job duties with most of our departments, such as office work, production organization, data diving, IT related tasks, among others.
For the information technology related work, the job responsibilities will be maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Assist end users in resolving hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to facilitate a timely resolution. Install PCs, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with IT standards and protocol. Offer daily operations and systems support to IT personnel. Conduct daily network backup operations. Perform maintenance on systems. Available/willing to work after normal business hours, and on weekends as needed.
The job responsibilities for non-IT related duties include performing various tasks, such as creating presentations, data diving, organizing various stages of production, review documentation, planning of projects, and others. These duties are expected to change regularly based on the immediate needs of our site.
Use and/or application of principles, theories, and concepts. Knowledge of industry practices and standards. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform professional tasks. Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Works under only very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy. Frequent internal company contacts. Represents section or group on specific projects.
- Bachelor's Degree
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities at once
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever changing environment and responsibilities
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Certifications in Comptia A+ or similar a plus
- 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- 3+ years of experience on current network operating systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment as part of a team or self-directed
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top