Assoc Suply Chn Procrmnt Spec
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a Supply Chain Procurement Specialist level 1 located in Redondo Beach, California.
In this role, the successful candidate will be part of an organization focused on planning, acquiring and managing property, parts, materials, and assets for Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) engineering development and test activities. More specifically, the candidate will support the acquisition of general purpose test equipment. The role is focused on process discipline, compliance to Northrop Grumman Command Media and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Process improvements as well as delivering superior customer service to support our customer base is an ongoing focus.
Responsibilities will include gathering quotes from suppliers as well as entering requisitions into iBuy to generate Purchase Orders and acquire equipment. Forms and waivers may also be required for certain purchases, such as Single Source Justification (SSJ) or Information Technology Waivers. Accurately reconciling credit card statements each month is a requirement of the position, as well as documenting notes in a database to reflect current order status. Strong leadership qualities are a plus, and strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Mathematical/Accounting background and attention to detail are essential to succeed in this role.
Essential Functions :
- Analyze historical data compared to current quoted costs and recommend leased versus rental assets and determine factors that affect prices and determine best total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, ability to meet schedule
- Utilize a corporate credit card to process orders for repair or calibration of General Purpose Test Equipment
- Utilize iBuy to Rent or Lease equipment from suppliers
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Support and maintain monthly metrics, participate in teams such as Community of Practice, Process Working Groups, Financial Reviews and Inventory Trends team meetings
- Maintain relationships with Suppliers for acquisition of equipment as well as Original Equipment Manufacturers and Vendors for repair and periodic calibration of General Purpose Test Equipment
- Follow up on orders placed, approve payment, and maintain records of material movement throughout the repair and calibration process
- Follow up on existing rental/lease contracts, terminate or extend as determined appropriate based on business requirements
- Coordinate and follow up with production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services
- Bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to obtain and maintain and active DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Masters' Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Related procurement or financial planning experience in an aerospace environment
- Working knowledge of SAP and iBuy or other procurement-focused relational database systems
- Experience in procurement of non-flight hardware and equipment
- Working knowledge of Northrop Grumman Corporation's Test Equipment Asset Management Metrology System (TEAMMS)
- Experience modeling financial strategies to analyze total cost of ownership for rent/lease/buy
- LEAN or Process Improvement experience
- Experience in Supplier Management
- Experience with General Purpose Test Equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top