Assoc. PATHWAYS SC Plng Spec
- Baltimore, MD
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Supply Chain Planning Specialists. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Maryland.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Global Supply Chain organization. The selected candidate will work in a fast paced environment where he/she will interact with multiple disciplines, users, customers, and other developers. The selected candidate must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal skills, and have an agile perspective of compliance protocol mandated by regulated industry.
This position will be in the Pathways rotational program where there will be three rotation opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively monitor supplier delivery and quality performance tracking
- Actively support functions to provide comprehensive business forecasting.
- Interfaced with Business Operations Manager to pull and analyze data for GSC Division.
- Coordinate with internal partners to develop competitive and non-competitive sourcing strategies.
- Understand and compare bids and proposals and place Purchase Orders
- Understand and evaluate multiple supplier proposals to place compliant purchase orders.
- Extract, monitor, analyze and validate data and information from multiple sources.
- Develop engaging and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal partners / customers to drive problem resolution.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD)
- Be majoring in or having majored in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, Business Management, Data Analytics, or closely related discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from inception through launch
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
Back to top