Assistant Program Manager/Sub-ContractsEngineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Assistant Program/Subcontracts Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The position will require the support of multiple internal customers as well as external customers. The candidate will need to have knowledge of and execute the following on various frequencies:
Support the lead by creating team resource plans, have knowledge and experience in supplier technical management, supplier financial management, strong background in EVMS in order to support monthly reviews, Milestone Professional (high level) schedule development, SOW and P-Spec development, good understanding of Data Item Descriptions (DIDs) to incorporate SOWs, perform technical evaluation of supplier proposals, ability to coordinate and collaborate on a daily basis with Global Supply Chain (GSC) buyers, price cost analyst, and material cost management personnel. Ability to direct the efforts of a team of Responsible Engineers (RE) to oversee suppliers. Ability to contribute to the Risk Management System (ROMS). Ability to develop and brief a Change Request (CR) through its lifecycle and oversee its implementation as it applies to a supplier.
The candidate must be comfortable with changing priorities and demonstrate strong organizational skills to support these changes.
The candidate will be tasked, within compliant scope of the position, to support management with required PMP inputs to include but not limited to Goal Development support, mid-year conversations, and end of year conversations.
The candidate will be expected to serve as a Delegate of Authority (DOA) in the lead's absence.
Level of experience and education required in order to understand a complex system within 6 months to a level where the above can be executed.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of engineering experience
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Minimum two years' experience with proposal efforts, reviewing SOWs, evaluating supplier P-Specs, and performing technical evaluation of supplier proposals. This includes reviewing and creating Task Assessments as required.
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance required to start
- The ability to obtain program access
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) and/or GSC experience, Subcontract Management Team (SMT) experience.
- Experience in managing supplier PM's, teams, RE's. Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) Comprehensive training complete and CAM experience. Experience supporting and briefing at Program Management Reviews (PMRs).
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top