Assembler- Operation IMPACT
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Manufacturing Operations organization is seeking Operation IMPACT candidates for its Assembler positions. The Assemblers will become a part of the Manufacturing Floor. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
This is a pipeline staffing requisition to source qualified talent for near future and on-going talent needs in this area of professional expertise.
The Assemblers will :
- Assemble, build and mark a variety of sub-assemblies, assemblies and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Perform automatic and/or manual tests, circuit checks and troubleshooting on various components, sub-assemblies and systems.
- Operate various pieces of automated equipment to manufacture and mark electrical and mechanical hardware.
- Perform engineering changes and make associated disassembly, setup, adjustment, and alignment of equipment.
- Perform component preparation duties including plated through-hole as well as planar mounted component preparation.
- Receive, store and issue various materials and tools and maintain necessary records.
- Perform evaluations to identify any defect/non-compliance and take the necessary corrective actions to ensure and maintain compliance with quality assurance requirements.
- Monitor the manufacturing processes using process control techniques, such as Statistical Process Control, periodic diagnostics test.
- Assist engineers, support personnel and teams in developing new processes and new materials, e.g. new epoxy pastes, alternate solder materials, cleaning processes, etc.
- Prepare/package assemblies, components, and the like, for storage or delivery to the manufacturing area or the customer as required.
- Remove and reassemble sub-assemblies, components, and materials as necessary to replace non-conforming parts/defective work.
- Wire units, make unsoldered connections and tie wires into cable forms.
- Plan the layout and number of leads and sub-cables.
- Make necessary cable breakdowns and layout form boards from cable routings and make termination and tie points.
This is an IBEW Union Represented position.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and the following Operation IMPACT criteria:
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent.
- Must be capable of successfully completing the following:
- general aptitude test
- pre-employment skills training and evaluation
- visual acuity exam
- basic solder certification.
- Suffer from wounds, injuries or illnesses that were incurred while deployed in military combat operations following the events of September 11, 2001;
- Are transitioning from active military service or are considered a newly separated veteran who has been discharged or released from active duty within 3 years or be continuously enrolled in a degree or certificate program up to 5 years after separation of service, and
- Receive, or expect to receive, a physical disability rating of 30% or greater in at least one of the specific categories listed below that substantially affect a major life function, or receive, or expect to receive, a combined rating equal to or greater than 50% for any other combat or combat related condition
- Fatal/incurable disease
- Hearing loss
- Loss of limb
- Permanent disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress
- Severe burns
- Traumatic brain injury
Should a service member be unable to work due to the severity of his/her injuries, the same support will be extended to a member of his/her immediate family who may be seeking employment. Widows and widowers of service members who have paid the ultimate sacrifice during OIF or OEF are also eligible for support under Operation IMPACT.
Preferred Qualifications: Solder experience/certification.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top