Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking an Assembler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Charlottesville, VA.
The Assembler will perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies suchas modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lays out and assembles units for production according to designs and specifications.
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- At all times, promotes the company's products and services through customer relationships.
- Will adhere to Company's Safety and quality policies and Employee Code of Conduct.
-High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of additional education and/or related experience
-Ability to work on varied and complex assemblieswith minimal supervision
-Knowledge of how to read and interpret drawings and schematics
-Ability to move objects from one location to another, lifting up to 30 pounds
-Work experience in electro-mechanical Manufacturing
-Must be able to travel up to 50%
-US citizenship required
-IPC-620 Acceptance for Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies Certified
-IPC-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies Certified
-J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies Certified
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top